When did you join Busy01 Consulting and First Class Accounts - Ovens & Murray?
What’s your day-to-day role?
I look after reconciliations, coding transactions and bookkeeping.
What skills do you need for that role?
Attention to detail is really important, as is knowledge of account transaction coding. I also have to understand payroll and ATO compliances.
What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
1. Having happy clients.
2. Having all the transactions etc in the correct place.
3. Having the files all reconcile and having them complete.
And the most challenging?
ATO compliances would be the most challenging. Clients often don't see the same need for urgency to have the books complete that we do.
What would you be doing if you hadn’t decided to follow this career path?
Working where ever I could to earn a living.
How do you relax when you’re not at work?
I read, watch TV and do handwork.
At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Possibly Myers, on clothes and shoes etc. Or maybe a handwork/patchwork/embroidery shop.
What are three things still left on your bucket list?
1. Make my sisters a special 70th birthday embroidery.
2. Become proficient in conversational Spanish.
3. Live closer to my family for part of the year.